On September 24 - 25, 2018 the seventh International Ruhr Energy Conference will be hosted for the second time under the lead of the House of Energy Markets & Finance. Under the main theme "Uncertainties in Energy Markets" the conference will deal with uncertainties and risks in energy markets.
The two-day event at the Essen House of Technology offers not only discerning lectures and an attractive supporting program but also the opportunity to engage in exciting discussions with around 150 participants from industry and science.
To be noted
‣ The conference is taking place at Haus der Technik (Essen/Germany) on September 24-25, 2018. The conference language is English.
‣ The registration is now available here.
‣ You can find more information on www.inrec.org.
The conference will include topics such as:
• Energy price forecasting and modelling
• Risk measurement and management
• Energy innovations & energy markets
• Energy policies and economic impact
• Fluctuation of renewables and load flows
• Energy data and digitization
• Commodity markets and spillovers
• Stochastic processes in energy
• Financing energy infrastructure
• Regulation and regulatory risk
• Long-term vs. short-term risks
• Asset valuation
• Alternative climate policies
• Oil prices and world economy
• Energy and foreign exchange markets
• Energy market (dis-)equilibria
• Katja van Doren, RWE Generation SE - tba
• Stein-Erik Fleten, Norwegian University of Science and Technology - Coordinated vs sequential bidding into short-term electricity markets
• Rafal Weron, Wroclaw University of Technology - Recent advances in electricity price forecasting: A 2018 perspective
• Andreas Loeschel, University of Münster - Energy Transition in Germany - Status quo and Challenges