Das Konzept besteht aus einer Vorlesung (1. Semesterhälfte) mit integriertem Seminar (2. Semesterhälfte), in welchem die Teilnehmer selber Handelsstrategien vorschlagen sollen.
- have a profound understanding of the most important stock market anomalies,
- are able to critically reflect to what extent these anomalies can be translated into real-life trading strategies,
- know the key insights of theoretical, experimental, and empirical research aiming at explaining these anomalies,
- have a profound understanding of the link between individual behavior in financial markets, market frictions, and resulting return patterns,
- can evaluate scientific studies accurately, understand the methodology used in leading papers of the field, can interpret estimation results correctly, and analyze them critically,
- are in a position to identify starting points for their own research and to present and defend their research proposals in a professional way.